Citizens of the foreign states when exporting goods from the customs area of the Eurasian Economic Union, which are purchased by them at the organizations of retail trade have entitlement to compensation of the amount of tax paid by such citizens as a part of the goods price in the form of cash.
The documents, confirming the right of the citizen of a foreign state to compensation of the amount of tax, are considered to be the passport, which is issued by an authorized body of the foreign state which is not a state member of the Eurasian Economic Union, and by which the specified person has entered the territory of the Russian Federation, and the document (check) for compensation of the amount of tax issued to the citizen of a foreign state by the organization of retail trade with a mark of customs authority of the Russian Federation, confirming the commodity exportation fact from the territory of the Russian Federation beyond the customs area of the Eurasian Economic Union.
The document (check) for compensation of the amount of tax shall be issued by a retail trade organization within one calendar day, upon the foreign citizen's request, in one copy when they purchase goods at a minimum of 10 thousand rubles including tax.
Actions in a shop:
- Make a purchase.
- Address to a shop-assitant to give you a Tax Free check.
- Show your passport.
- Tell the shop-assistant which of the goods you are planning to put in your luggage, and which in your hand luggage.
- Show your bank card so that your bank details could be entered into the Tax Free check*.
- Get your Tax Free check in the shop.
- Sing it in the field 'Customer's Consent' on the back.
Actions at the airport:
- We recommend to come to the airport not less, than 3 hours prior to departure.
- Go through check-in procedures and get the boarding pass.
- Follow the navigation signs and go to the «Customs Tax Free control»
- Show the purchased goods (except excise goods), the passport and the original Tax Free check to customs officials.
- Don't check them in until going through the customs control.
- Don't delete signature labels until going through the customs control.
- Receive the mark of the customs authority on the original check Tax Free.
- Put the check with the customs authority marks into a special box, which is situated next to the customs control.
Tax Free control (customs Tax Free control) is located both in sector C (2nd floor) and the VIP terminal.
A citizen of the foreign state is free to choose a way of the part of the payment refund. VAT refund of Tax Free is possible in the form of non-cash payment to the citizen's account.
You can find more information about the Tax Free system at Information Desks and in a special instruction for foreign citizens.
*The decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of February 03, 2018 No. 105 "About implementation of the pilot project on compensation to individuals - citizens of the foreign states of the amount of tax on added value at commodity exportation out of limits of the customs area of the Eurasian Economic Union" and the decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of February 07, 2018 No. 172-r and No. 173-r. The customs post of Sochi International Airport JSC participates in the implementation of this project in Sochi.